Wednesday, August 29, 2012

That's So Random!

I wish I had an advice column in a newspaper. I think that'd be a fun job. By no means does this mean I'm good at giving advice. Of course, I'd like to think I'm an expert at it (then again, I'd like to think I'm an expert at everything I do). I was just sitting here pondering what it'd be like to be a "Dear Darlene" or something along those lines. Can you just imagine:

Dear Darlene,
Lately I have been feeling self-conscious about my sweaty arm pits. I wear deodorant and try my best not to do any physical activity to prevent excessive sweating, but nothing seems to be helping. I really like this boy and we have Biology together, but it's my last class of the day and by that time I've already sprouted pit stains. What should I do?
Sincerely, Pitty Patty

Dear Pitty Patty,
Have you tried clinical protection? Or just reaplying more than once in the morning? Spray yourself with febreeze. It works wonders on my dog. Maybe see a doctor. You should really get that checked out. It's nasty.
Best of luck, Darlene

So maybe that's not the career path I should choose. **For the record, I would never EVER say anything like that to anyone. I'm not that rude nor that blunt. I would try to say it in the nicest way possible.**

I guess the most troubling thing on my mind is the idea that in five years I will be graduating college and out in the real world. What if I chose the wrong major/career path! I'm only 18!!! How am I supposed to know what I want to do for the next forty years!! I guess I just need to trust my gut. Side note: I really do need to get better at that. No, I know I'd love to be an elementary school teacher. I just worry I wouldn't be good at it. But, I also know that God wouldn't have me doing something he didn't think I could handle.

Message of today: be confident in everything you do today and in life in general. You'll never have to face anything you can't handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment