Monday, February 27, 2012

The Importance of a Good Night's Sleep

Exhaustion. Sleep deprivation. Insomnia. Fatigue. These words and several of their synonyms are whirling around inside my head right now. They're colliding and playing tag all of them laughing and taunting words like Nap and Bedtime. These words and their friends are ridiculed and excluded. Right now sleep is all I want. There is only so many sleepless nights one can handle. And on the lucky nights when sleep does find me, hidden under my mucus colored fleece blanket, it brings with it tossing and turning. Frenemies.

Sleep is so important. It allows you to function like a normal person. Allows you to be productive and successful in whatever you do. It promotes healthy habbits and enables a happier life style. Looks like I've got some work to do. On nights when I go to bed at 12:30, I rejoice. It's literally the best night ever. On average I sleep six or less hours each night. The average person needs 8 hours. I'm not too behind, but boy do they catch up.

I was never one to "need my beauty sleep" but I know I would feel better about myself and my life if I had more sleep. Now how to achieve that? Yeah, I need to figure that out.

But, if I've learned anything from my lack of sleep, it's that functioning with only a few hours of sleep under your belt everyday can lead to speeding tickets and tears. If anyone else is a night owl check out my other blog by clicking the "Can't Sleep?" tab!


Have a marvelous Monday! It's never too late to turn it around!

No comments:

Post a Comment