Sunday, May 13, 2012

Changes.

It's that time of year... all of my emotions kick into high gear at the end of a school year. This year is especially sentimental...I'm graduating high school. In three days I turn 18. My older sister turns 21 in a half an hour. Where has time gone?

When I moved here five years ago I never thought I would be sad to leave. For five years I haven't had a reason to want to stay until this year. It's funny how things work out like that.... It always seems to me like I feel the most settled right as I'm about to uproot my life. Why is that? I don't see why everything is too good to be true.

Leaving something-or someone- behind wasn't part of the plan, but since when is "the plan" the most fun you have with your life? Isn't the best part of life the surprises and the spontanious adventures we engage in? I don't know if anyone is familiar with the phrase "YOLO: You Only Live Once." (It's funny because EVERYONE has heard it...and if you haven't, well, you must be living under a rock).

I guess this post is my little vent sesh about realizing I'm actually going to miss it here in good ole Minnesota.  Or at least miss the people I never thought I would miss. Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment