Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Changes 2

My oh my, it has been forever since I blogged last. Maybe not forever, but it sure as heck feels like forever. I last posted about changes. Not to be a repeat blogger, but I feel like that's what I need to talk about again. 2012-2013 will be bringing a dozen changes to my family. Come December, my family will be moving to New Jersey. My dad got a new job with his company and they plan to leave Minnesota right around Christmas time. Seeing as I will be headed off to college this fall, the move doesn't affect me as much as my two younger siblings (Mikey a soon-to-be sophomore and Caroline a soon-to-be fourth grader). However, once summer rolls around and next year's breaks, my home will no longer be where my friends and boyfriend are, but rather on the east coast.

Fortunately, my entire extended family lives on the east coast. Christmases and Thanksgivings will be bigger and just like they were when we leaved in Jersey when I was five. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be able to spend more time with my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents, but am I really going to be hanging out with them everyday in the summer? No. My cousins have their own lives, and I'm sorry, but what nineteen year old hangs out with 70 year olds all the time. They're not exactly ideal to go out with considering their bed time is when you are just leaving your house. No, I love my family, but at this point in my life, I love my friends and boyfriend more.

Oh and on top of that: work. I had the best job set-up for next summer, but now... poof! Gone. Vanished. No such luck. Perhaps if I live with a friend for the summer... but then it leaves the whole car situation... son of a nutcracker!You see my predicament?

This post is to serve mostly as a miniature vent session. In about thirty seconds I will begin a second post having to do with a "glass-half-full" view on long distance relationships! 11 hours away from the guy of my dreams....yikes. Oh, and plus no home-base town to meet in during breaks and summer.... Well, if it's meant to be it'll all work out, right? Praying starts...now.

No comments:

Post a Comment