Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?


I had never realized the reality of these statements until just the other day when I saw this. How many of you are afraid of something? How many of you can figure out the rationale behind your fear? I'm afraid of heights and storms. The heights one is covered. Apparently I'm actually afraid to fall. This doesn't really surprise me. I've only had about a dozen nightmares where I'm driving on a windy road up a mountain and one wrong move the car tumbles down and I fall to my doom. It's weird too because I'm always in a minivan.... My fear of storms is a little on the bizarre side. A lot of my friends like them. For me I get extremely anxious and uncomfortable. I literally feel like I'm either going to pass out or throw up. Not ideal. So as I'm reading this little guy, it got me thinking that maybe there is more to my fear than I thought. What if my fear of storms stood for my fear of not being in control? I have no control over the weather. No one does. I never gave it much thought, but if I did I see some definite signs of  "control freak"-ness. I don't know if that's such a good thing. I just thought this was really interesting and kind of brings a new light onto fears. I highly encourage everyone give it a go! Figure out your TRUE fears... could be right, could be wrong! So either way why not try?

No comments:

Post a Comment