Friday, August 17, 2012

Rushin'

Well, as you may have noticed, I never got around to writing a follow up post to my last one. I was originally going to write all about how much I was going to miss my boyfriend while we were at our respective colleges and how absence makes the heart grow fonder. While I still believe whole-heartedly in that statement, I feel like writing about Rush.

The beauty of a Southern school is not only the weather, football games, campus, and adorable guys that act like gentlemen with thick southern drawls, but it's in the friendships you make in the ever popular Greek life.

I love Rush.

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!

I have met some of the nicest girls in the entire world and to think these girls could potentially be my best friends and in the future, my bridesmaids...wow. College is above and beyond what I expected and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Although, it's also the most nerve-wracking experience I've ever gone through. When have I ever spent so much time touching up my make up or perfecting my hair? Never. When have I ever cared about what a group of girls thought about me more than what I thought about myself? Hardly ever. It's not high school, but it is still something else. I'm not complaining. I kind of like it in a weird way. I just don't know how to deal with the idea that I want to be in one sorority so badly and they may not want me back. My fear of rejection is taking over and I can only hope that I have done enough and pleased them enough to become one of their sisters.

There's nothing more I can do.

Pray. That's the only thing I can think of.

Rush is something that one only understands once she has gone through the process herself. And I'm so glad I've chosen to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment