Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Begin Again.

Listening to Taylor Swift's newest single, "Begin Again," for the umpteenth time has got me thinking about new beginings. How lucky are we that "when one door closes, another opens." If you don't like your reputation in high school, you have college to change your image. When you get dumped on your butt, you have time to regroup so that when you finally go out on another date you can start over with the new guy.

There are so many times in our lives when we'll screw up and make mistakes. For example, I missed a class today because I turned off my alarm rather than pressing snooze. I'm not one to make excuses for myself even though I can think of a shopping list of reasons why it happened. Instead, I will learn from my mistakes and make it right the next time. I get the chance to begin again tomorrow morning.

Learning from your mistakes is one of the things that makes life worth while. I mean sometimes your greatest mistakes are your fondest memories (until of course that second that turned it into a mistake). I don't believe in accidents. I mean, I believe in car accidents and walking into a tree by mistake when you were texting and walking simultaneously (there needs to be a law put in place for this, very dangerous) but I believe these are all chances to learn.

Ask anyone older than you. Did they learn from there mistakes? I'm assuming most have. It's how we grow and become the people we are meant to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment